What can be done to help?
· An idea to create a map of health leisure activities on the Wirral. An example of the idea would be a tourist map like you see recommending restaurants and local attractions.
How we can do it?
To work with Healthwatch to co design a map of the Wirral that has information on:
· Physical activity about the different walks, cycle paths, parks, leisure centres, municipal golf, tennis etc.
· Social activity: about local activities such as spider project, mental health space open the door charity, libraries etc.
· Primary Care: GP practices, walk in centres, minor injuries clinic, pharmacies.
· Have potential sponsorship to cover the cost of the map from projects, pharmaceutical companies.
Why we are doing this?
· To encourage people to connect more.
· To raise awareness of the wealth of activities available across the Wirral.
· To encourage people to be more physically active, raising awareness of spaces to exercise in and take more responsibility for their own health and care.
· To raise awareness of role of primary care – and support the prevention of inappropriate attendances at A&E, Hospital attendances etc.
· To raise awareness of role of primary care.
Who? (Potential Partners)
· Healthwatch Wirral
· Primary Care Wirral
· One Wirral
· Wirral Leisure
· Public Health
Leisure map of the Wirral
An A3 map of the Wirral with all leisure facilities on it.Learn More >
Learning Disabilities project
An idea to create a health and wellbeing garden with a gazebo and outdoor seating for people with learning disabilities in South Wirral.Learn More >
Offering Support to Local Veterans Living in the Wirral
An idea about offering support to local veterans living in the Wirral.Learn More >
Health and Well-Being Support for People with Learning Disabilities
An idea that will help support people with learning disabilities with their well-being and health.Learn More >
Health Creation in the Wirral
This Manifesto for Health Creation calls for: The adoption of health creating practices: by health and care systems.Learn More >
A Healthy Eating Course for People Recovering from Substance Dependencies
To pilot a healthy eating course at Nightingale house with 6-10 people who are recovering from substance dependencies.Learn More >