What can be done to help?
To pilot a healthy eating course at Nightingale house with 6-10 people who are recovering from substance dependencies. Deliver a 4- 6-week course looking at food, nutrition and simple cooking techniques. For example, how to cook Spaghetti Bolognese from scratch.
How to do it?
· Look at what else is happening in the region, what good practice can be shared, and any collaborations.
· Ask people with lived experience to co-design the course.
· Work in partnership with the Chefs at Nightingale house, the Primary Care Health Coach.
· lead and people recovering from substance dependencies to develop course content.
· Change Grow Live run the weekly course at Nightingale house with an evaluation.
· Assess if this could be rolled out across the region in a variety of settings.
Who? (Potential Partners)
· Change, Grow, Live
· One Wirral
Why we are doing it?
· Giving people choice to cook, not just receive ready meals.
· Empower people to learn new skills.
· Help prevent people getting LTH conditions.
· We need to ask people recovering from substance dependencies if this would be helpful.
Leisure map of the Wirral
An A3 map of the Wirral with all leisure facilities on it.Learn More >
Learning Disabilities project
An idea to create a health and wellbeing garden with a gazebo and outdoor seating for people with learning disabilities in South Wirral.Learn More >
Offering Support to Local Veterans Living in the Wirral
An idea about offering support to local veterans living in the Wirral.Learn More >
Health and Well-Being Support for People with Learning Disabilities
An idea that will help support people with learning disabilities with their well-being and health.Learn More >
Health Creation in the Wirral
This Manifesto for Health Creation calls for: The adoption of health creating practices: by health and care systems.Learn More >
A Healthy Eating Course for People Recovering from Substance Dependencies
To pilot a healthy eating course at Nightingale house with 6-10 people who are recovering from substance dependencies.Learn More >